Monday, February 9, 2009

Mamma Mia! & ABBA

I have been listening to my Abba Gold collection these days. Felt so nostalgic of their hook-laden pop tunes after watching ‘Mamma Mia’ over the weekend.

The movie is average at best to a bore. Meryl Streep was awesome…I loved her as always. Was pleasantly surprised to see her dance moves.

Movie is theatrical but didn’t succeed in keeping the interest going. I absolutely loved the songs and took a 2 hr vicarious vacation in the picture perfect Greek island (which is highlighted too well with the overused color filters in the camera). And the best part, my 3 yr old didn’t disturb as us she was too engrossed herself in the music & dance.

If you haven’t listened to your Abba hits in a while, I recommend you to dust off the covers & turn up the volume in the car. I am sure you will love it (or re-love it?).

My favorites: Dancing Queen, Money Money Money, Voulez-Vous!

I love the combination of melody & disco in their music.

2 comments:

Bassix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bassix said...

Nice write up, Glooostik!! But what if I didn't have Abba collection to start with?